Thursday, May 29, 2008

DVD Movie Review: National Treasure 2 - Book of Secrets


On Monday, my dad and I saw National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets. The funny thing is I didn't think I was going to enjoy it, but I actually did. I was laughing throughout the whole movie and it really caught my full attention. My favorite character is Riley (the comic relief). I wish I would have seen it on the big screen, but overall I enjoyed it. I wish it would have been longer, but for sure we are getting another movie and I think it's going to be very clever.


Following is some information for the movie (imdb.com):


Plot:
While Ben is presenting new information about John Wilkes Booth and the 18 pages missing from Booth's diary, one man stands up and presents a missing page of John Wilkes Booth's diary. Thomas Gates, Ben's great-grandfather, is mentioned in the page. It shows that Ben's great-grandfather could have been involved with Abraham Lincoln's murder. When doing more research, the conspiracy takes Ben, Abigail, and Riley to Buckingham Palace (which they break into). It takes them to a book in the White House (which they break into also) and they even steal a page from the book. But in order to see more from the book, their choice is either get elected president or kidnap the President of the United States. Which do they choose? It's obvious. The conspiracy then crosses to Mount Rushmore and they even mention the JFK conspiracy. Can Ben clear his family's name? Or will his family be linked to the murder of Abraham Lincoln? Written by mviedirctr354


Overview
Director:
Jon Turteltaub
Writers (WGA):Marianne Wibberley (screenplay) &Cormac Wibberley (screenplay) ...more
Release Date:21 December 2007 (USA)
more view trailer
Genre:
Action Adventure Mystery Thriller more
Plot:Treasure hunter Benjamin Franklin Gates looks to discover the truth behind the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, by uncovering the mystery within the 18 pages missing from assassin John Wilkes Booth's diary.
full summary full synopsis (warning! may contain spoilers)
Plot Keywords:
Fake Drunkenness Remote Control Helicopter Fireworks Mount Vernon London England more
Awards:3 nominations
more

No comments: