Monday, June 09, 2008

Movie Review: Sex and the City


Last week, I went out with one of my best friends and we had a girls night. We went to eat at yummy Sweet Tomatoes (if you've never been there, please make time to go there one day) and then went to go see Sex in the City. Let me tell you, I thought I wasn't going to be able to follow the movie, since I never saw the series, but I totally understood what was happening from the very beginning and I really enjoyed it. It was a very feel good movie and it made me appreciate the friends I have so much more. Therefore, I must say that you will not be disappointed if you do go; and make sure you take a few friends. Guys, if you're getting dragged into seeing the movie, let me tell you that there is something even for you. Let's just say some scenes are hot and heavy.

I give this move an A+...go see it!

Quick Note: I have seen maybe two or three episodes of Sex and the City, so even if you are not a fan, I wanted you to know that I am reviewing the movie as a I would any movie.

Overview: (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1000774/)
Director:
Michael Patrick King
Writers: (WGA):Michael Patrick King (written by)Candace Bushnell (characters from the book)
Release Date: 30 May 2008 (USA)
more view trailer
Genre:
Comedy Romance more
Tagline: Get Carried Away.
Plot: After moving in together in an impossibly beautiful New York apartment, Carrie Bradshaw and Mr. Big make a rather arbitrary decision to get married. The wedding itself proves to be anything but a hasty affair--the guest list quickly blooms from 75 to 200 guests, and Carrie's simple, label-less wedding gown gives way to an enormous creation that makes her look like a gigantic cream puff. An upcoming photo spread in Vogue puts the event--which will take place at the New York Public Library--squarely in the public eye. Meanwhile, Carrie's girlfriends--Samantha, the sexpot; Charlotte, the sweet naïf; and Miranda, the rigid perfectionist--could not be happier. At least, they couldn't be happier for Carrie. Charlotte still has the unrealized hope of getting pregnant. Samantha is finding a loving, committed relationship more grueling than she could have imagined. Miranda unwittingly lets her own unhappiness--created when Steve admits to cheating on her just once--spoil Carrie's. After a heated encounter with Steve, she happens to spot Mr. Big and tells him he's crazy to get married. She's really only thinking of her own marriage. But her angry remark gets Mr. Big to thinking. Written by J. Spurlin



Enjoy the movie trailer:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad I missed it. I'll wait for the DVD.

(I am digging the new look. Very nice!)