Thursday, June 26, 2008

Movie Review: The Wackness

So, lucky me that I found a site that allows me to go see movie screenings for free. Yesterday was my first experience with the site and it went very well.

Now, let's talk about this movie The Wackness. The promotional type was word of mouth, so I'm just helping it along. I can honestly say that it was a great movie. Very original and raw. It was actually very funny and I found myself laughing on a large part of the movie. It had a strong storyline, the actors chosen fit their character and it had a quirkiness that I thoroughly enjoyed. I was really surprised with Olivia Thirlby, she plays the step-daughter, and her very natural and believable acting. I hope she comes out in more movies because she was really great. Ben Kingsley was hilarious in this and his character was definitely my favorite.

Personally, I didn't really relate with a huge part of the movie, but at the same time I did. It brings back a lot of memories from the 90's though. Some actors they failed to mention below are Method Man, Mary-Kate Olsen and Famke Janssen.

Bottom Line, I say go see The Wackness. You won't be disappointed.

Overview
Director:
Jonathan Levine
Writer: (WGA):Jonathan Levine (written by)
Release Date: 29 August 2008 (UK)
more view trailer
Genre:
Comedy Drama more
Tagline: Sometimes it's right to do the wrong things.
Plot: It's the summer of 1994, and the streets of New York are pulsing with hip-hop. Set against this backdrop, Luke Shapiro (Josh Peck) spends his last summer before college selling dope throughout New York City, trading it with his shrink (Ben Kingsley) for therapy, while crushing on his step-daughter (Olivia Thirlby).



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Froggy! Haven't seen any of the movies you have posted, 'cause you know I don't go to the movies often, but I can't wait to see Wall-E or Hancock (BTW, children: you should never, ever do an image search for Hancock... just saying).