Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Where did all the Passion go?

So, yesterday I was reading through an old notebook where I wrote all these poems and I noticed that at that time in my life I was very passionate about what I believed in. I had a lot of passion, especially for love. I also noticed as I was reading through that I was going through a bit of a rebellious time with my parents as well. I had totally forgotten all about it and as I kept reading I saw a progression about where I was with my relationship at the time and how I was handling it.

Some of it was actually pretty good. I could tell right away where my high point of passion was, since those poems were my best ones. The later ones weren't that great, but I guess I wasn't as focused and intent on what I wanted. Maybe I just lost the touch on the greatness of what poetry could accomplish.

I realized as you get older, your priorities change and maybe some of that passionate feeling goes in a different direction.

Right now I'm not really sure where I have it bottled up, but I'm guessing it will come back with a force once I find something I really want to be passionate about. Once that time comes, I will be sure to let all of you know what triggered it.

If you want to share some of your stories, please do. I will be excited to see the different things all of you are passionate for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess a little bit of your passion has gone to your will to loose weight and you've got it. Congratulations for that forve and persistence.

Anonymous said...

Force*** and persistence! opss!